- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3-4 Tablespoons Cold Water
- Put flour, sugar, and salt in food processor.
- Add chunks of cold butter and pulse until mealy.
- Add cold water 1 tablespoon at a time and pulse after each tablespoon until dough holds together.
- Chill dough for 20 minutes, roll out to 1/8” thickness and fit into a 9” tart pan. Prick bottom of the crust and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Cover crust with foil, add pie weights, bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and an addition 5 minutes uncovered. Allow to cool before filling.
- 2 Cups Burgundy Wine
- 1/2 Orange Slice
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 3 Whole Cloves
- 3 Whole Allspice Berries
- 2″ Strip of Lemon Peel
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 Cups Sugar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Place wine, orange slices, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and lemon in sauce pan. Heat till hot – do not boil. Remove from heat, cover and let sit 1 hour. Strain and reheat.
- Melt butter, whisk in sugarand cornstarch. Remove from heat and add a small amount of wine mixture to form a paste. Return to heat, pour in the rest of the wine, heat until mixture thickens. Pour into tart shell and let sit for 20 minutes at room temp, then refrigerate.
- Before service, whip together heavy cream, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Top tart with whipped cream. Garnish center with red grapes and cinnamon sticks.
- Slice, share, and enjoy!